I wanted to take a moment to thank you all for your friendship and support during this election season. I’m not a politician, so the whole process was new to me. And, I’m proud to say, WE WON! I am so honored to have the opportunity to serve you on the Champaign City Council, and I hope the conversation is just beginning.
As our City Council Member, Vanna will:
– Support economic development and bringing new jobs to Champaign
– Work with the entire community to keep our neighborhoods safe
– Make Champaign a place where innovation thrives
– Keep effective city services without raising taxes.
Vanna in a snapshot:
– Married to Brian for 19 years, with four children (Matthew, Emme, Nicholas and Lucas)
– A Champaign resident since 1988
– PhD in Education, and Smithsonian Laureate for classroom innovation in technology
– Works as the District Engagement Coordinator for the IlliniCloud
– Vice-Chair of C-U Schools Foundation Board
– Previously: Professional Development Coordinator for the Illinois State Board of Education and an Assistant Dean for the University Of Illinois College Of Education
Find out more about Vanna